Representing Employers is All We Do.
Focusing their practices exclusively in the area of labor and employment law, Worklaw® Network is a network of independent law firms that have formed an association for the professional exchange of information. Worklaw Network's rigorous membership recruiting standards offer employers a virtual "seal of approval."
Employee-related concerns are among the most troublesome legal issues facing organizations today. Whether operating locally, regionally, nationally or internationally, when employment matters arise, employers need lawyers who are well established in the territory and who bring years of experience to the matter at hand.
If you are seeking legal counsel to defend employment litigation matters, from discrimination claims to complex noncompete disputes, for advice on employment issues or for traditional labor problems, Worklaw Network is the answer.
Worklaw Network Leadership:
President: Laurie Petersen, email@example.com, (414) 226-4804
Recruiting: Steve Ritardi, firstname.lastname@example.org, (973) 267-4445
Treasurer: Bryant Banes, email@example.com, (713) 629-1800
Exec. Director: Sally Schmidt, firstname.lastname@example.org, (612) 581-7436
Worklaw Network offers employers a collective resource of labor and employment expertise that is unmatched:
- Worklaw Network member firms and their clients can utilize the resources of more than 350 lawyers, all of whom practice exclusively in labor and employment matters for employers.
- Collectively, Worklaw Network operates 34 offices in 27 U.S. states plus Canada. The network also includes affiliate members in Australia, China, Europe, India and Mexico.
- Every firm is a local firm with strong ties to the local legal community, providing knowledge of the local landscape where employers have operations. Worklaw Network lawyers are familiar with the labor unions and officials; federal and state judges and court practices; national, state and provincial boards and commissions; the plaintiff's bar; and lawmakers in their locales, and they have the resources to obtain similar firsthand information about other geographic areas.
- Worklaw Network attorneys are linked by a technology infrastructure that gives them access to redacted research memos, briefs, campaign materials, etc., and allows them to share substantive work product, creative strategies and other information to add value in solving problems or
While the resources of Worklaw Network are large and impressive, the client relationships are local and customized. Each U.S. firm is a labor and employment boutique. Working with our member firms, companies can expect:
- Partner-level expertise and attention. Clients deal directly with owners of the Worklaw Network firms.
- Efficient staffing. Member firms do not overstaff matters; they assign as few or as many people as are needed to effectively resolve the issue.
- Industry experience. Our members have specialized knowledge of the business conditions and labor problems of virtually every industry.
Worklaw Network firms share a simple philosophy on client service: Take a "partnership" approach to each client’s business, and provide prompt, knowledgeable service in a cost-effective manner. As an organization, we take an active role to ensure that our members follow through on this philosophy. Each of our member firms has committed to "Best Practices," including:
- Responding to all client telephone calls, faxes and e-mails by the next business day at the latest.
- Keeping clients informed as to the status of their pending matters and on a timely basis providing clients with copies of significant documents in their cases.
- Evaluating all matters early so the client can make informed business decisions. The client’s interest always comes first.
- Working with clients to develop acceptable or alternative billing arrangements, including electronic billing.
- Updating clients on a regular basis about significant legal developments.
- Preventing employment law problems, rather than simply litigating them.
- Utilizing leading-edge technology.
- Taking a team approach to ensure that client needs are met.Member firms routinely refer their clients to each other to handle local matters. All referrals are centrally tracked, and members monitor the quality of service provided to their clients.
Focusing their practices exclusively in the area of labor and employment law, Worklaw Network law firms offer management high-quality, cost-effective representation. Membership in Worklaw Network is by invitation only, and the organization employs rigorous recruiting standards. The result: Member firms and their lawyers enjoy the finest reputations, credentials and experience.
- Every U.S. Worklaw firm is AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the premier legal directory and rating firm in the country.
- The current Chambers and Partners survey ranks 14 Worklaw Network firms and 47 individual lawyers.
- Worklaw Network collectively boasts 98 of the "Best Lawyers in America."
- Five Worklaw Network firms received recognition as a Fortune 500 "Go-to Firm" for labor and employment law.
- Worklaw Network members collectively are recognized panel counsel for every major insurance company in America (more than 50).
Of course, the expertise and experience of Worklaw Network lawyers are what allow them to achieve such impressive results for their clients. Worklaw Network member firms offer representation in the following areas:
Employment Law, including:
- Employment Litigation
- Workplace Contracts
- Workplace Screening and Hiring
- Sale or Acquisition of Union or Non-union Businesses
Labor Relations, including:
- Union Drives and Elections
- Unfair Labor Practices
- Strikes and Picketing
- Grievances and Arbitrations
Preventive Advice and Counseling
Wage and Hour/Employment Standards
Employee Compensation and Benefit Plans
Advising the Multinational Employer
Worklaw® Network encourages and supports its member firms in their commitment to the principles of diversity, both as advisors to the business community and as employers themselves. We are committed both to maintaining our work places free from unlawful discrimination and harassment and to advising our clients to do the same. We share the belief that diversity and inclusiveness enrich each firm as a workplace and that each member firm should reflect the diverse cultures and backgrounds of its own community – all of which makes Worklaw Network a stronger organization.