Ontario: 2020 - An HR-Law Year in Review Webinar
January 15, 2021 - January 15, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST
In 2020, employers were faced with unprecedented legal challenges brought on by the pandemic. Meanwhile, the courts and tribunals issued landmark decisions that will have a significant continuing impact on employers well after the pandemic is over.
Attend this free session to learn the highlights of some of the most significant legal developments of 2020 affecting employers and receive practical tips on how to respond. The topics will include:
- "ESA-only" termination clauses in employment contracts – do they still work?
- Special employment standards rules on layoffs caused by the pandemic and what to expect when the pandemic ends
- COVID-related health and safety appeals
- The latest word from the Supreme Court of Canada on the duty of good faith performance in contracts and its impact on employers
- Workers' compensation changes and COVID relief
To register, please click here.
(Presentation and comments are not legal advice. Please contact our team should you need to retain counsel to advise)